Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jerry-Land

I've been 3 times for 3 different events and I've yet to blog about any of them! So, here goes nothing!!
1) Pre-Season Cowboys game.

I can't remember who they played (it was that long ago), but it was only the 2nd game ever played in the new stadium. All the bathrooms were still nice and clean!! I went with my friend, Hollie and we had so much fun!

The pictures of us sucked (Sorry, Hollie), so I'll leave you with the view from our seats...note, these have NOT been zoomed in!!

2) A&M vs. Arkansas
It was UGLY!! I was an honorary Aggie for the day...don't tell the Raiders! I had gotten tickets and since I'm not an Aggie, but I know lots of them, I invited a few of my peeps to go enjoy the festivities. Their lapse in judgement when choosing a college has been forgiven. At least they loved the stadium...like kids at a theme park!!

After we learned there's no "easy way" to "cut through the stadium" to go from one end zone to another (our adventures include various security breeches, being locked in a stairwell, and more escalator rides than we care to count!), we finally found some buddies to tailgate with!
Tailgaiting : Mary and Me
The Group : (L to R) Grant, Ty, Mary, Me, Jack

Then we finally made it to our seats!! Mary, Me, Jack, Grant's nose, and Ty

Mary, Me, and Jack's lovely face...
...and I think you know who these guys are....
(Ash, I was trying to text you a pic of this, but I wasn't able to get a text out :(...)

3) U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The concert was AWESOME!!! I saw it from a suite directly under the suite where Jason Whitten, Tony Romo, and Tiger Woods were watching! I got to go because my friend, Nick was inside the practice bubble when it collapsed last year (but not hurt, thank God), and Jerry gave anyone who was in there suite tickets to see U2. Not worth the horrible fear and pain of that day, but a generous offer by Jerry, I thought. The pictures I took didn't come out very clear, but cross your eyes and pretend to enjoy them!

Oh, and Bono gave a shout out to RICHARDSON!!! WOOT WOOT!

Just walked in....still setting up
The SUITE!!!! Best mac & cheese in the world. Period.
Nick and me before the show
Bono is on the bottom center in the black with the microphone!!
Show's over :( Wave goodbye to U2 and ... the mass exodus
This is Jerome, our waiter. He was fabulous and let us wait out the crowd in our suite for an hour after the show!
Still one more Cowboys game to go to...Nov. 1 with Sara. Can't wait!!!
Nick gets credit for all of my visits to the stadium. Nice trade for puppy sitting the best dog in the world (next to Ava, of course)!!
***Peace***

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your rablimgs!! Looks like you gus always have so much fun!!
Nick, will you be my new best friend? {wink-wink}
I can say, Corliss is the 2nd best granny girl ever!

Unknown said...

oppsies.....
i mean "ramblings".... you know what I mean,right?????...xxoo

Ashley said...

awesome! Looks like a trifecta of fun stadium events. And thanks for the shoutout!

becky marshall said...

you look at bit chummy with jerome, the waiter...no matter how fabulous he might have been....