Tuesday, January 22, 2008

King Ranch Chicken and Shiner Bock Beer

Maybe it's because I'm a girl, maybe it's because I'm Mexican, maybe it's because I like to eat, but there is nothing more attractive than a guy who knows his way around the kitchen. Something about a man who owns (and knows how to use) a garlic press just ...well, it's just sexy. Whatever has been going on between this guy and me the past few weeks, I'm not sure, but one thing I found out last night is he sure can cook. I don't even care if King Ranch Chicken is the only thing he knows how to make; he's one up on me, that's for sure!
He invited me over last night for dinner. He told me to be there at a certain time to ensure all preparation was done before I arrived and promptly invited me to sit as soon as I walked in. There was music going, fabulous food (all dishes and condiments were home-made) and great conversation.
By the way, this one is the one I thought I threw in the "pooper" and the one who used the phrase "it's not you, it's me". Update time : We're completely on the same page, want the same things, and are in agreement on where things stand. It took a little convincing, but I finally dragged out of him why he felt like he needed to walk on eggshells around me. We've both been through a situation we wouldn't wish on an enemy, so there's no reason to rush into anything. As long as we enjoy seeing one another, there's no reason not to. I'm so relieved! The best part? There's no pressure - - Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't, but it's fun for now and that's all that matters!
This, my friends, is why I'm happy being single. No pressure, no strings attached, and no commitment, because frankly, that stuff freaks me out a little.

No comments: